Taproom & Event Manager
We are hiring.
Strike Brewing Co. is actively hiring a full-time Taproom & Event Manager to join our small, yet quickly growing team at our San Jose brewery.
We brew beer, not micro manage. We are looking for an experienced manager to lead our warehouse taproom and Events team, manage the Strike Brewing Co. retail experience, coordinate events, and improve sales by spearheading processes that delights and wins the hearts of our customers. If you have a passion for craft beer and event planning – this is the place for you.
We are growing.
Over the next several months, Strike Brewing Co. will be building out a new warehouse taproom. Our new Taproom & Event Manager will have the great opportunity to experience and grow with our expanding organization, as well as influence our expansion. Our beers are distributed throughout California and you can even find us at the Oakland Coliseum.
We are an award-winning craft brewery located in San Jose, California. We have a passion for creating a variety of delicious craft beers. In addition to our year round line up, we brew 4 seasonal beers and have what we call our Bullpen Series where we explore new flavor combinations. The proving ground for the Bullpen Series is our warehouse taproom. Oh, and we've won both a gold and a silver medal in the U.S. Open Beer Championship.
· Independently manage all aspects of the taproom and both on and off-site events.
· Own all hiring, training and scheduling of Strike Brewing Co. warehouse taproom and event team.
· Ensure the taproom is kept clean and stocked at all times, you’ll have ordering authority as necessary for taproom supplies.
· Work with social media manager to promote taproom events.
· Schedule weekly food trucks and private events.
· Oversee and manage all new signups and renewals for the Strike Mug Club (300+ and growing).
· Enhance the Strike Brewing Co. public image through selection and coordination of high visibility events.
· Publicly represent Strike Brewing Co. at craft beer events in a passionate and knowledgeable manner.
· Create and encourage strong customer service culture within and outside of Strike Brewing Co.
· A passion for craft beer, and a love for customer service are a MUST - an appreciation for baseball is nice.
· 2+ years of bartending and/or restaurant management experience required.
· Flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends as necessary.
· Takes initiative, can work with minimal supervision, and keen ability to “think on their feet”
· Ability to respond to emails and phone calls promptly.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations.
· Events planning and coordination experience.
· Level I Cicerone a major plus.