Strike Brewing Co., the San Francisco Bay’s regional “Local” craft brewery, seeks to fill a strategic leadership position in a dynamic and fast growing craft beer company.
As Head Brewer, your duties will include:
· Manage all brewing operations
· Perform all functions related to brewing (prep to carbonation)
· Assure clean and organized manufacturing work area
· Establish written procedures for all brewing process steps
· Demand safe work practices at all times
· Assureproduction equipment is clean and sanitized
· Keep mfg. methods & records compliant with brewing GMP’s
· Establish & operate QC/QA laboratory
· Coordinate with and assist packaging operations as necessary
· Teach and coach other brewers
· Schedule brewing employees
· Manage a team of direct reports
· Implement total preventative maintenance program
· Develop unique recipes appropriate for Strike’s market positioning
· Lead role in equipment selection & purchase
· Key participant in future brewery expansion projects
· Five (5+) years commercial experience at “regional” brewery
· Demonstrable formal brewing education
· Proven understanding of the brewing process parameters and their relation to beer quality and style.
· Functional knowledge of brewery quality systems and their use
· Previous multi shift supervisory experience
· In depth knowledge of standard brewery business and support systems (production planning & scheduling, inventory
· Current in QA/QC methodologies, sanitization procedures & record keeping requirements
· Extensive knowledge & established relationships with major brewing raw material suppliers
· Substantial expertise and applicable knowledge of brewing equipment including ancillary support equipment
· Demonstrable ability at comprehensive and accurate record keeping
· Familiarity with brewing GMP’s
· First hand experience with regulatory audits
· Organized & analytical, problem solving mind
· Data driven
Good written and verbal communication skill as well as computer literacy is key. Physical strength to lift 55-lbs and maneuver 175-lb kegs repeatedly and ability to stand 8-10 hours per day as well as the ability to withstand long periods of walking, bending, kneeling, climbing and maneuvering is required. Flexibility in working hours is also needed to fit in with the brewing schedule. Fluency in Microsoft Office is required.
Experience in Orchestrated Beer (or equivalent) and brewery startups or expansions will also be considered beneficial to the job.
Previous packaging operation (canning & bottling) experience and knowledge as well as warehouse management experience are bot highly desirable.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to:
Jenny Lewis, CEO
jenny (at) strikebrewingco.com